What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world.
- Salvation is the gift of God to man through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life.
- Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only.
- The Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift and is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues.
- We believe in sanctification, which is living a life of holiness.
- Healing is the privilege of every member of the Church today provided through Jesus’ death on the Cross.
- Jesus will return and ” … The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air … ” (1 Thess, 4.:16-17).”
- The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is eternally lost and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting.
THE SCRIPTURES – The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, we accept as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine (2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21).
THE GODHEAD – Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons ; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4; Phil. 2:6). God the Father is greater than all; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter (John 14:23; John 16:23; John 1:14). The Son is the Word flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1;1; John 1:13; John 1:14). The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16; John 15:26).
MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION – Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says” … all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” and ” … There is none righteous, no, not one” (Rom. 3:10; 3:23). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the works of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:14; 1 John 3:3).
Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:3-10).
ETERNAL LIFE AND THE NEW BIRTH – Man’s first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life (2 Cor. 7:10; John 3:3-5; 1 John 5:12).
WATER BAPTISM – Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection (Matt. 23:19; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 3:36-39).
The following recommendation regarding the water baptismal formula is adopted; to wit: “On the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by His authority, I baptize you in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen.”Visit Us On: